The Department of Industrial & Physical Pharmacy (IPPH) is involved in teaching, research, and service in all areas of pharmaceutics, with emphasis on the following three major, interrelated areas: industrial pharmacy; biopharmaceutics/pharmacokinetics; and physical pharmacy.
Dr. Garnet E. Peck
September 17, 2014
Dear Friends, Faculty, Staff, Students & Alumni,
I am deeply saddened to inform you that Dr. Garnet Peck, IPPH faculty member and director of our manufacturing labs for many years, died on September 16, 2014. Dr. Peck was a long-time faculty member for whom many of our alumni have very fond memories. We offer our deepest condolences to his family in this loss.
- Rosary: Sunday, Sept. 21, 3:45 PM at Soller-Baker Funeral Home, 1184 Sagamore Parkway West, West Lafayette, IN
- Visitation: Sunday, Sept. 21, 4:00-7:00 PM at Soller-Baker Funeral Home West Lafayette, IN
- Funeral Mass: Monday, Sept. 22, 11:00 AM at the Church of the Blessed Sacrament, 2224 Sacramento Dr., West Lafayette, IN
Elizabeth M. Topp, Ph.D.
Head, Department of Industrial and Physical Pharmacy
Regulatory and QC Programs
For more information, contact the department at (765) 494-1450.
- Sept. 25: “Collaboration, Innovation & Opportunity”
John Lechleiter, CEO, Eli Lilly & Co.
Loeb Playhouse, Stewart Center
Hosted by the Purdue University Executive V.P. for Research & Partnerships, Purdue Global Policy Research Institute,
Purdue College of Pharmacy, and Eli Lilly & Co.
- Oct. 2 - WEBINAR: “Stabilization of Amorphous Phases”
Dr. Raj Suryanarayanan, Dept. of Pharmaceutics, Univ. of MN
2:00-3:00 p.m. EDT
Hosted by the Dane. O. Kildsig Center for Pharmaceutical Processing Research (CPPR)
- Feb. 25-27, 2015: 12th Annual Garnet E. Peck Symposium
“Clinical and Commercial Translation of Drug Delivery Systems”
Four Points by Sheraton Hotel, West Lafayette, IN
More details available in Fall 2014.